Date(s) - 24/08/2018
9:30 am - 3:30 pm
We have scheduled our first Community Virtual Dementia Tour at one of the first support groups that helped our family and actually introduced the VDT to Chela. We are SUPER excited to facilitate our first community event hosted by Leeza’s Care Connection. This is a public event in Burbank, California and sign-ups are being handled by Leeza’s Care Connection.
THERE ARE THREE SESSIONS (9:30, 11:30 & 1:30) WITH UP TO SIX SPOTS : TO RESERVE A TIME FOR YOUR TOUR, CALL 818-847-3686
“Leeza’s Care Connection is a place where family caregivers come to get support, ask questions, find answers and learn how to deal with the ever-changing demands of caregiving. The program is a partnership between the Leeza Gibbons Memory Foundation and Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center. Our mission is to create resourceful & resilient family caregivers through innovative programs. Helping families cope with Alzheimer’s”
“The Virtual Dementia Tour® is a scientifically proven method of building a greater understanding of dementia through the use of patented sensory tools and instruction. Created by P.K. Beville, M.S., an award-winning geriatric specialist and founder of Second Wind Dreams®, Inc., proceeds from the sale of Virtual Dementia Tour support the work of Second Wind Dreams, an international, nonprofit organization recognized as the first in the nation committed to changing the perception of aging through the fulfillment of dreams for elders.
The Virtual Dementia Tour:
- Has been experienced by more than an estimated two million people in 20 countries.
- Is evidence-based and studied across cultures and time with consistent results across variables and outcomes.
- Has been implemented in over 1,000 healthcare facilities in the United States, Canada, UK, Israel and other countries around the world.
- Is used in more than 200 colleges and universities as an adjunct to existing curriculum.
- Meets and exceeds the federal government mandate that requires additional training for every healthcare entity providing care to those with memory impairments. ” – Second Wind Dreams®